6/17/09

Now for something completely different!

[ooc]


Chogon
Cyan Employee
Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Posts: 253

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:41 pm — Post subject:

Hi all,

Sorry for the long time in between updates. The silence was not by design or by any dark undertones. Sadly, there is not much to report. I am *still* waiting for a particular ex-Cyan person to send me code changes that only he can make. I know that sounds odd but unfortunately it is the truth and until I have those changes the open source can't proceed. I know that he has been heavily involved in a major release of the product he is working on, so I understand (a little bit).
After that is done, I may ask for some help from a few chosen individuals to help with readying the sources further.

On a different note: Cyan has been working with another company on something (slightly but completely) different. Of course, I can't reveal anything yet but hopefully something will be available late summer, this year. I know that is coming up quickly and it is taking all of our energies.

I could write a small book about the many transformations that Cyan has gone through over the years. Even though I was not at Cyan from the beginning, there was only one ex-Cyan employee at the time I was hired. For the most of that history, we have been a quiet, shy company that let our products do the talking. With the rise of UruLive that had to change because the game was about community and Cyan sharing itself with that community, albeit in our own shy way. So, after UruLive was canceled, Cyan has reverted back to it roots of being that quiet, shy company again, albeit not quite as shy as before.

Thanks for everyone's support.
Chogon


So, a post now that's not a test. :D

Cyan Worlds, And Uru in future, is waiting for one man's work inorder for it to be released. Kinda like Knight Rider. "One Man Can Make A Difference" and all.

So, I'll be back in Uru Soon, We'll all be... I hope... [/ooc]

I'm ready to get back to exploring! My Relto Book's gatherin' dust!

_DTC

No comments:

Post a Comment